SATA 22-pin Male to Female: Where to buy cheap?

Piyono

Storage is cool
Longer. Shorter. Doesn't matter as long as it's a SATA cable with male connectors on one end and female connectors on the other end.

Reason being that when I'm working on a laptop I sometimes want to have the drive it outside of the chassis. This cable would make that configuration possible.

Piyono

Piyono

Storage is cool
Gotcha. Would a USB adapter and "boot to USB" work for you?

No, because I sometimes have poor results running diagnostics on drives attached through USB (I have a couple of Bytecc and Vantec USB > IDE/SATA adapters).

Also, It's been my experience that that failing drives have a better chance of mounting (and staying mounted) when connected to a motherboard's ATA controller than when connected through a bridge chip.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have a couple (2) male to female bridges sitting here on my desk, now that I look around. They came with Gigabyte motherboards. Mine need a standard molex extension or molex to SATA cable.

They look really cheesy.

Piyono

Storage is cool
Merc, I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you describe what kind of connector is at either end of the cable, or take a happy snap and let the picture speak a thousand words?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have a couple bridge boards that are designed to connect two standard SATA cables and a standard molex power connection. They came with some Gigabyte motherboards that I got a couple years ago.