Seagate Cheetah 36ES

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
What's wrong with it? If nothing then I want it.

Just two questions. How loud is it? I know I can look at the numbers at SR, but subjectively speaking. and why are you selling it?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
timwhit said:
What's wrong with it? If nothing then I want it.

Just two questions. How loud is it? I know I can look at the numbers at SR, but subjectively speaking. and why are you selling it?

There is nothing wrong with it. I would not put a flawed piece of hardware up for sale on this board. As a matter of fact, it is almost unused. I was keeping it for a spare (not installed) in case my main HD failed. There might be about 25 hours of use on it at the most. I'm selling it because I need (1) money and (2) to thin out the amount of computer parts laying around my house.

I can only compare it to my current drive which is a Quaxtor Atlas 10K III 18GB. The idle sound of the 36ES is much higher in pitch than the 10K III but about the same in volume. The seeks are way quieter than the 10K III. Very much so. It is certainly not silent a silent drive, but probably the quietest 10,000rpm one.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Groltz said:
There is nothing wrong with it. I would not put a flawed piece of hardware up for sale on this board.

I was asking because it is such a good deal...

Anyways, I'll take it. I'll e-mail you about payment and whatnot...

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Damn it, when are some of you guys going to sell some of that beautiful SCSI gear over here in a proper-way-up country? There has hardly been a thing advertised here that I didn't want. That drive of yours, Steve, would have been perfect as a replacement for my Atlas IV / 1000JB / SV6003H / SV4002H.

I guess the P40 is doing the job just fine, but it would be nice to have my system all SCSI again.

Sigh.

Groltz

Tea said:
Damn it, when are some of you guys going to sell some of that beautiful SCSI gear over here in a proper-way-up country? There has hardly been a thing advertised here that I didn't want. That drive of yours, Steve, would have been perfect as a replacement for my Atlas IV / 1000JB / SV6003H / SV4002H.

I guess the P40 is doing the job just fine, but it would be nice to have my system all SCSI again.

Sigh.

Well you just needed to be a little quicker, Tony. It could have been yours. What I meant by "shipped (within USA)" was not that I would have only sold it to an American but that I was going to absorb the cost of shipping only to a location in the USA. It's only going to cut $5.60 out of my profit to send it out to Tim. I have never shipped anything internationally and have no idea what it what cost to send it to Ballarat, for example. See?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
An 18GB Cheetah ES for 95$? Almost unused? Steve, don't ever start a business, you'll go bankrupt within weeks. That drive worths at least 140$. Hypermicro sells it for 165$ non-shipped.

Looks like someone go a very, VERY good deal.

Groltz

CougTek said:
An 18GB Cheetah ES for 95$? Almost unused? Steve, don't ever start a business, you'll go bankrupt within weeks. That drive worths at least 140$. Hypermicro sells it for 165$ non-shipped.

Looks like someone go a very, VERY good deal.

I know what these items are worth but I didn't want to wait and wait for someone to pick them up. Take the HAM radio I've had for sale for months now. (The bottom-most item on this forum page) I wasn't sure on what to ask for it and have lowered the price on it 6 times in the 2 ham-radio forums I have it posted in. From what I understand, that particular model is a hot collector's item since it is no longer made and easily modded. All I know is that it is still sitting on a shelf in the other room instead of paying some house utilities.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Groltz said:
I have never shipped anything internationally and have no idea what it what cost to send it to Ballarat, for example. See?

It would have cost around $30 to ship it by boat. Which takes 3-5 weeks.