Seagated Hell

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Hopw can I remove the gard dribe from Seagato eSATa enclousure? It beis an older 500gb drive about a year ago, weith some funky pentagram screws. Ugh. :(

ddrueding

Fixture
Do you have a link to the enclosure? Or a picture of the screws? I suspect I know what they are, but I don't know the name of them. The same ones hold my ceiling projector mount.

ddrueding

Fixture
Is this the type you need? I still don't know the name of them.

2054471226_d7c8f6992d_o.jpg

LOST6200

Storage is cool
The Screws are apparatively Trox Plus five point. I have the 6 point useless kiond. Onlay a few of the 5-point TorX puls are abaibel online, but teh sccrews in the SEAgate are vcery receesssed so no go for he sopckets drivers type. I say FU to Seagte! It is nt a damned bank bvault; I just want myown hard drive. :(

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
I have a security fastener toolkit. They are hard to come by and the one I have cost me dearly. I suspect some of the high cost was attributed to licensing fees and less to the nice tough ABS plastic case that contains it all. It has, I believe, 37 different bits -- all sorts of oddball tips.

Otherwise, I have yet to run into a security screw that I did not have a bit for.