SF was down

Handruin

Administrator
Cliptin said:
Should I expect SF to continue to be unavailable at sporadic, random times or is the situation temporary?

This was due to someone filling up the root drive on the server I share at my hosting company. For whatever reason the web server paused when the root partition filled to 100%.

Being that this is not a dedicated server, events like this may happen...if the site is regularly unavailable to you, please let me know as I'm not here every hour of the day.

-Doug

Handruin

Administrator
Tannin said:
Site was down for ~ a half hour till just now - file not found on any SF url.

Thank you sir for the info, I have logged it in my books.

:monky:

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
It's probably worth underlining the particular nature of the outage, Doug, just FYI, as it was a rather unusual one. Normally, when a site is down, you get "can't find server" errors. This was "can't find file" errors - i.e., the server was up but so far as it was concerned there were no files to be found on it. I checked on several different URLs: www.storageforum.net and /phpBB2 and a bookmarked thread or two, the phpNuke test site, and even www.handruin.com. Always the same error: Apache reported error 404. With that last one (handruin.com) the message as "www.forums.somethingorother.com - no such sub-domain exists" or words to that effect.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL, true Tony, I just noticed it too. No biggie, I can spend 30 mins perusing other web sites, whilst waiting for the return of SR.net.