Should we remove the "Similar Threads" feature?

Should we remove the "Similar Threads" feature?

• Yes, remove the feature

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No, keep it I find it useful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Handruin

Administrator
Please vote if the "Similar Threads" feature at the bottom of a thread should be removed.

Handruin

Administrator
Seems like enough people dislike it and don't find it useful. I can always re-enable it down the road if people want it.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I don't care for it either. If allowed to vote I would vote against it.

Handruin

Administrator
You should be able to vote, no? In any case, I've removed it for now since no one has expressed interest in it.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I see it is now 10 against including my vote. I guess not much controversy here. Thanks for working on all the little things, Doug.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm working on it. I'm trying to get you guys a new template that is more efficient. If you're brave and want to see what I'm doing, you can change skins at the bottom left corner. There is one labeled "storageforum revised". Just be warned I'm "playing" around and it might look odd or not function correctly. ;)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
That helps a lot with space usage. Thanks Doug.

What is with the box that tells you what forum you are in. It is redundant in my opinion and serves us no purpose.

It says: Feedback Have something to say? Then let us know!

Obviously it says different things depending on what forum you are viewing. Should we start another poll on this one?

BTW, it says the forum you are viewing right at the top: "Storageforum > Off Topic > Feedback > Should we remove the "Similar Threads" feature?"

Handruin

Administrator
timwhit said:
What is with the box that tells you what forum you are in. It is redundant in my opinion and serves us no purpose.

It says: Feedback Have something to say? Then let us know!

Obviously it says different things depending on what forum you are viewing. Should we start another poll on this one?

BTW, it says the forum you are viewing right at the top: "Storageforum > Off Topic > Feedback > Should we remove the "Similar Threads" feature?"

I've removed that extra description box. The admin section says it is helpful for search engines so I enabled it. But I agree with you that it is redundant and takes up extra space so it has been removed.