Silverstone Fortress FT02 Case

ddrueding

Fixture
I like the looks of it. I hadn't seen a chassis with the motherboard oriented that way, though I have been doing it since '06 in my custom builds, so I think it is a good idea ;)

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Does it allow for the long optical drives? Some can run a little over 8 inches. I would also like some vibration isolation on the HDD racks.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Does it allow for the long optical drives? Some can run a little over 8 inches. I would also like some vibration isolation on the HDD racks.
Reading some reviews, it seems that one of the complaints is that long (i.e., old) optical drives tend to block the motherboard; particularly, when using the top bay, the last slot of a board may get covered. The general solution is to use one of the lower bays and work around any connectors it may cover. The only reason you'd need all of those 5.25 bays is if you were going to mount a hotswap cage.

The similarly designed RV02 has a different setup for the 3.5 bays, and is spec'ed as having a suspension system.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Nope. the board is set back from all the edges, so their is an internal compartment for all the cables to connect.
Well, to be more exact, they do come out the top, but there's a perforated cover that seems to do a pretty good job hiding that fact. There's a "hole" to allow you to route cables to the back of the case.

One reviewer complained that there wasn't enough space under the cover for a video cable using a DVI-VGA adapter.