Site downtime tracker

Handruin

Administrator
Wow, sorry about that, I must have tripped over the power cord to the server and we were down for, oh umm a couple minutes! :twistd:

Burst reported a network problem, and it seemed to last a very long time. I noticed around 4:00PM EDS the site was very very slow and eventually none existent. What about everyone else?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
When I came home tonight around 8:00 the site was so slow I didn't even manage to load an entire page. I tried again at quarter to ten (all times CDT) and everything was OK.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Mercutio said:
When I came home tonight around 8:00 the site was so slow I didn't even manage to load an entire page. I tried again at quarter to ten (all times CDT) and everything was OK.

I also noticed the slowdown. It lasted at least an hour. To experiment, I tried loading www.burst.net and that page would not load either. During the downtime I did manage to load the front page and then later the forum front page. That's as far as I made it.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I just hit the very edge. I was busy doing some graphics when I attempted to come in. There were page loading issues for about 5 minutes and then all was resolved.

Handruin

Administrator
Same thing happened here...it took a few minutes to load the front page...I never finished a load of the forum. They had issues tongiht, and other people they resell to had issues.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Handruin said:
Wow, sorry about that, I must have tripped over the power cord to the server and we were down for, oh umm a couple minutes! :twistd:

Burst reported a network problem, and it seemed to last a very long time. I noticed around 4:00PM EDS the site was very very slow and eventually none existent. What about everyone else?

I just noticed you said 4:00PM. I was having trouble between 9-10.

Mercutio

I thought we were switching from Burst anyway.

Hey, I never have picked up a hosting service. Still want a little reseller income?

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
I thought we were switching from Burst anyway.

Hey, I never have picked up a hosting service. Still want a little reseller income?

I've been a little behind in that project and I was about to open it tonight, but my damn credit card web site was down (I create virtual credit cards for safety). Are you still looking for a place to host? Yes i was going to do reselling. (limited which I can define as special needs, friends, and family...and SF members if they want)

Mercutio

Yeah. I was going to put up something on cheaphosting.com but the idiots there don't have ".us" on their dropdown for domain selection... there's a note to email sales if you want to host something other than .org, .net, .com... and their salesdroid mailed back "use the form", which of course hadn't changed.
And that's as far as I pursued it.

Handruin

Administrator
CougTek said:
I just had a 3-4 minutes downtime 5 minutes ago. Now it's ok.

OK, I noticed a little issue when I tried to post a few minutes ago, I guess it wasn't me.

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
Yeah. I was going to put up something on cheaphosting.com but the idiots there don't have ".us" on their dropdown for domain selection... there's a note to email sales if you want to host something other than .org, .net, .com... and their salesdroid mailed back "use the form", which of course hadn't changed.
And that's as far as I pursued it.

I'lll have to check on this one...I can't see why a .us wouldn't work at voxtreme, but let me be sure.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
The site was down for hours today. From about 4 or 5 this afternoon until 10 tonight, CST.

I don't think I like Burst very much.

Handruin

Administrator
Cliptin said:
10-10:30 SF and www.burst.net down.

Thanks for the update. I've read last night that Burst has been hit by numerous DoS attacks, and people in the web hosting forum have been complaining. Seems as though they don't know how to manage the attacks.

A new P3 933 with 1GB ram is opening on Voxtreme, I think I am going to sign up tonight to get on it. My friends site hosted at vox has only been down once since April that I've noticed/ heard about. I've read that pair has some of the best uptime, but their methode of dealing with MySQL databases doesn't work for SF...oh well.

Handruin

Administrator
Handruin said:
Cliptin said:
10-10:30 SF and www.burst.net down.

Thanks for the update. I've read last night that Burst has been hit by numerous DoS attacks, and people in the web hosting forum have been complaining. Seems as though they don't know how to manage the attacks.

A new P3 933 with 1GB ram is opening on Voxtreme, I think I am going to sign up tonight to get on it. My friends site hosted at vox has only been down once since April that I've noticed/ heard about. I've read that pair has some of the best uptime, but their methode of dealing with MySQL databases doesn't work for SF...oh well.

Dual P3 933 MHz for clarification.

Handruin

Administrator
Tannin said:
Either (a) no-one has posted for about twelve hours or else (b) the site has been down for quite a while. Anyone know which one?

I think no one has posted for a while because I was up really late last night and it wasn't down. The system stats says our server hasn't been down for 7 days. (Althought the network connection could have gone down)

http://beta.storageforum.net/system/

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Tannin said:
Either (a) no-one has posted for about twelve hours or else (b) the site has been down for quite a while. Anyone know which one?

I was on about 7 hours ago, just not much posting action.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
No. Sorry Tim. Not crazy. Just posted in the wrong thread. Read the other one (just below this one at present) and you will see the method in my madness. I was going to post here to expain that apparent nonsense above but you were too quick for me. :)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
OK Tannin isn't quite as crazy as I originally thought.

The site was just down for the last 3 minutes or so.

2:10PM - 2:13PM CST