Sliding Days

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Does anyone notice that after next week the days will be getting shorter and shorter? It seems that winter is only recently over and it is looming ahead again. :(

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Something about equinoxes or something?

There was an alignment of the planets yesterday. I guess that means the Merc finally mailed that money order to me....

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Well of course it is the summer solstice.

I thought that Mercutio's moniker was derived from Romeo and Juliet?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
LOST6200 said:
It seems that winter is only recently over and it is looming ahead again. :(

Ahh, not soon enough
Thinkingof_.gif

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Delightfully, we'll soon be back to Standard Time, and I'll get back that one important hour of sleep.

The weather in my small part of the world is comparatively temperate and certainly manageable. I prefer the cooler days of Winter, but can normally withstand the hotter days of summer - especially with the air-conditioner set properly. However, it is nice to sit outside on a warm evening with a cool drink. The best times for this are in the late Summer and early Fall. This is when we receive the majority of our hot weather (usually dry), but when combined with shorter days, it makes for wonderful evenings. Right now the sun blazes onto my patio until after 7:00 pm, that makes it a little too late to eat dinner outside in comfort. But as we approach the Winter Solistice, the sun will set sooner, allowing for comfortable and relaxing outdoor dinners.