Small Fonts in KDE 3.2

SteveC

Storage is cool
I recently installed Gentoo on an old Celeron 400. The install went fine and it's actually fairly responsive. The problem I have is that the fonts in KDE on non-KDE apps, such as Firefox, are microscopic, but in Gnome, they display the proper size. I search Google, and found this, and it helped a little, but they're still much smaller than they should be. Any suggestions? I'm using the Bitstream fonts if it makes any difference.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i remember they used to have a fonts package that you could download to improve mozilla's font rendering... this was probably an RPM as I remember it being easy to install.

There are also a lot of font adjustments in moz, including minimum font size and what font size and font face you want to be rendered for sarif and sans and fixed fonts.

you can always try and nab the uber good fonts from windows (arial, times, tahoma) to improve rendering in linux.

SteveC

Storage is cool
The fonts are fine when I launch it from Gnome; it's just when I'm in KDE that they're tiny. And it's not limited to Firefox - it's any non-KDE app.

russofris

What is this storage?
SteveC said:
The fonts are fine when I launch it from Gnome; it's just when I'm in KDE that they're tiny. And it's not limited to Firefox - it's any non-KDE app.

To change Gnome fonts, use gconf-editor (it should be in your path)

dpi setting is in /Desktop/gnome/font-rendering if I recall.

Thank you for your time,
Frank Russo