problem Stupid website security questions

Stereodude

Not really a
Am I the only person who hates the stupid website security questions? They're always the same sort of crap. What is your mother's maiden name?, What was your first car?, In what city were you born?, etc... You know, the sorts of things that can easily be determined with a little social engineering, social media research, or educated guessing. Make me cook up a fairly long complicated password and then create a fairly simple end around process to neutralize it. I see it akin to having state of the art locks on your house but putting a spare house key in an sealed envelope tape to the front door.

Personally, I've taken to giving incorrect answers or just typing jibberish into them.

Handruin

Administrator
No you're not the only one. I take a similar approach into making up answers that make no sense to the question being asked. I've had one of those embarrassing moments at my last job where they did this even for internal IT account password resets. I didn't expect to be asked the password over the phone and it boiled down to answering one of their pre-set questions with a sentence of something like "fuck your stupid mechanism for managing my account security".

Stereodude

Not really a
I don't keep track of the incorrect / nonsense / gibberish answers, so I'm relying on never having to use them.