Super Flower 2000w PSU.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
You'll need to plug it to a 20A circuit not to blow the fuse, in North America at least. Unless your computer is a server, I don't really understand the need for a 2000W power supply. You could plug enough graphic cards on that thing to play Crisis on a quad 4K monitor setup, but who does that?

Anyone who needs to supply that much power to a computer to do some professional work (like rendering) will, or at least should, have the common sense to opt for redundant power supplies, not a single one like that.

I applaud the achievement of building what seems to be a very well made power supply unit, but I don't see the need it answers. 1600W is the top a non-redundant PSU should be.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The 2000W model is only for the EU.

Last edited:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Is it even possible to use four Radeon 295s some kind of Crossfire configuration? And if so, why would you want to? What else is going to get a desktop to that kind of power draw?
I've got a dual Xeon with 30-something connected hard drives and the only concession I've had to make was bump the spin up times. And it's not like blade-style servers are going to use ridiculous enthusiast PSUs.

So who is this thing for?

LunarMist

Don't the Chinese have high voltages? Maybe they like it over there as well as in the EU.

ddrueding

Fixture
Some mining equipment requires you to provide the PSU separate from the miner. I have a shelf of 1kW PSUs for that reason. Of course, circuit management becomes an issue beyond that.

Then again, it shows peak efficiency at 50%, so if you were drawing 1kW continuously (as I am), it might make sense to run one of these.

LunarMist

I don't think those are marketed to the mining industry. :lol:

sedrosken

Florida Man
I imagine these are marketed to the people who see a big, impressive number that isn't entirely incorrect and want to buy it, no matter the cost. Same deal with the 3.0+ GHz Pentium 4's, although those at least had some real merit. They had nothing on an Athlon XP/64 in normal use, of course, but in very specialized applications...

Cutting myself off before I get way off track.