Superfish

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
We've purchased a few tens of Thinkpad T series in the past 6 months or so. I should have already verified that they weren't infected, but I haven't found the time yet. I hope they're not. On the positive side, the adware is apparently fairly easy to remove.

ddrueding

Fixture
Windows Defender should remove it automatically now, and Lenovo released a dedicated removal tool, including source code and license.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Out of interest, how many of you are just using the OEMs installation on mass deployments and not your own OS image? If you were using your own, then crap like this should never be an issue...

ddrueding

Fixture
OEM install here. Machines are ordered in small enough volume and short enough notice that I can't sufficiently standardize hardware.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I work from system images. Since my normal practice is to buy the cheapest hard disk on any laptop I buy, I don't think I've even used the original hard disk on anything I've deployed I the last three years.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Massive egg on face for Lenovo. I had one infected machine, but Bullguard picked it up before it left my workshop. I assumed it was a false positive at the time - you wouldn't ever get spyware pre-installed on a Thinkpad, the sky would fall first, yes? - but I let Bullguard remove it 'coz it seemed like a useless add-in anyway. Lucky I did!