Tax solution, including mileage, spread sheet???

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi

Anyone have an idea for a software solution for tax records?

I'm looking for a mileage/expense setup that is going to require a bunch of different columns. Any ideas?

I'm thinking of using an old laptop in the car, since I suck using Palm pilot, etc. and entering the data ASAP, in particular mileage on the car.

s

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I have Palm Pilot 4. something, but I was wondering if someone had a better solution?
s

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
For Palm apps, I usually wind up at Handango or PalmGear. The prices are pretty much the same and the selection is pretty good. You can also check some of the various Palm & Treo sites for recommendations in their forums.

As to an actual mileage/expense tracker, I couldn't say as I don't use one and don't know anyone who does.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Santilli said:
Hi

Anyone have an idea for a software solution for tax records?

I'm looking for a mileage/expense setup that is going to require a bunch of different columns. Any ideas?

I'm thinking of using an old laptop in the car, since I suck using Palm pilot, etc. and entering the data ASAP, in particular mileage on the car.

s

Excel? You could have a new sheet for each week. That's what we use at work.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Well, I'm addicted to computers, and I just don't do the write the stuff down. Tried it already, and, tried using the palmpilot.

Besides, it would give a reason to use an aging laptop (CF-37) 366 ghz that's pretty much too slow even for email, and trendmicro.

s

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Pradeep:

that might be a great idea, then I could attach reciepts etc. to each page, and keep them in an orderly fashion, rather then doing forensic science at the end of the year.

Greg