Thirsty

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
I'm on the edge guys. Yesterday I went to a store called Beers of the World, with a reported 1500 in stock. Sadly the Australian section was pathetic, and most disturbingly of all, there was no Boags to be seen, more specifically no James Boags Premium Lager. I asked the ass$$$$ behind the counter and he huffed that if he didn't have it, no one in NY State would have it either. Sadly an extensive googling has revealed that there is some truth in the matter. I cannot find any kind of retail outlet that sells any type of Boags product. I can get Coopers, but it's no Boags. And Fosters, let's not go there (until the second 6 pack).

So I ask you comrades, can you help a thursty bloke to quench his thirst? Distributors/retailer information will be rewarded handsomely.

BTW I got some nice Sleeman Honey Brown Lager from up where Cougtek lives in Canada :p to see me thru this dry spell.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll tell you that I've been gravely disappointed by the inability of suposedly good beverage establishments to get the the stuff that I really like.

If you're supposed to have the good stuff where is it??

its.fubar

Learning Storage Performance
Have you forgot about good whiskey of the pure malt kind, Johnnie Walker 15 year old, Glenmorangie 12 years old.

well I haven't and believe me, they takes some beating, the taste is really smooth.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Terrible news. It's the bloody terrorists fault! *ponders the meaning to it all*

"Dear DrunkenBastard,

Thank you for your email regarding sending our beers to the United States.

I'm afraid I am not the bearer of good news. Due to recently introduced laws in the USA (the Bio-Terrorism Law) we are unable to send beer to the USA without being registered with the appropriate authorities and to register we need to have a distributor. Due to the fact that we do not currently send our beer to the US, we do not have a distributor, therefore we are unable to register.

We very much appreciate your support for our beer and would be happy to provide the product, but cannot provide a solution to get it to the States for you. I'm sure that customs would allow small quantities as hand luggage if you are lucky enough to visit us, but I'm sure this will not satisfy your thirst!
I'm sorry that I can't give you too much positive information, but we'll keep your details on file should we once again send our beers your way.

Regards,

Linda Gaskell
J. Boag & Son Brewing Limited

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
*rant on*

If there's any bloody bio-terrorism going on in the USA it is via the likes of Budweiser selling that swill they call beer.

*off*

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Maybe there's an opportunity for you - become their distributor. :)

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
i said:

That means you have to distribute the beer. DB would just drink all of it - that is a rather indirect distribution method. Try getting an importer and wholesale licence for beer and you never resell any of it. The IRS wouldn't be very keen on the idea.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
DB,

You need to make friends with a pilot for Quantas who flies into NY.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
i said:

I thought about it, it would have been better if I'd been on the left coast with easy access to shipping. Plus check out the licensing costs:

http://abc.state.ny.us/JSP/content/faq.jsp#wholesale

How much does a wholesale license cost?

License Type License Fee Surety Bond
Wine - 1 Year
* Wine only $1,075.00 $10,000.00

Liquor - 3 Year
* Includes wine and liquor $27,080.00 $20,000.00

Beer - 1 Year $1,300.00 $10,000.00

Not to mention some kind of rip-off labelling approval that would cost $150 per different label.

flagreen: Actually I know a flight instructor at Qantas, but unfortunately he doesn't fly out here.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Thanks flagreen, good find. I have googled Canada and Boags beer without much success, but have emailed Boags and the Flying Emu to ascertain where their distibution center is. If I can find a retailer in Toronto, I could just drive over there and pick up a boot load. And if the fast-ferry they are putting in across Lake Ontario ever works, it'll be even easier :D

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Good news, the Emu replied with the good info.

HARVEST VINTAGE IMPORTS
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA, T6H 3T3

I've emailed them to find a retailer in Toronto.

ughh, email bounced back, will have to call em in the morning.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
DB, this is the first time I have ever seen you work for your drinks - very commendable. Now if only we could get you to clean up after yourself after you've fallen into your usual drunken stupor.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Interview went no worries, got the job, orientation next week. DrunkenBastard joins the ranks of the employed! Drug test should be fine, I operate on 100% pure alcohol.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Union? If so you're in the money now. I've heard that dock workers in California make over 100K a year.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
LOL no such luck. Just barely over minimum wage. Just something to keep me out of michief till I can get a decent job in IT, perhaps Hell Desk or somesuch.

ddrueding

Fixture
flagreen said:
Union? If so you're in the money now. I've heard that dock workers in California make over 100K a year.

Ain't this the truth. Oakland dockworkers get $110k, crane operators $150k and data entry people get $85k. All with the best holiday schedule and benefits. Too bad you have to know someone to get in...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
No offense intended, DB, for someone of south-Asian genotype and an Aussie upbringing, you're probably the biggest redneck here. :D

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
ddrueding said:
Ain't this the truth. Oakland dockworkers get $110k, crane operators $150k and data entry people get $85k. All with the best holiday schedule and benefits. Too bad you have to know someone to get in...

Best of all, crane operator jobs can't be outsourced overseas.

Unless, of course, they build cranes with really, really long booms...

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Buck just made me a drink, which is unusual (usually he’s drinking them). Also out of the ordinary is that he made a martini. He is normally not such a super-mixed drinker (well drinks are nice, but other stuff usually commits him). Anyway, he made me ‘Buck’s Surprise’. This luscious concoction consisted of 3 parts Tanqueray Sterling Vodka, ½ part Captain Morgan’s Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, ½ part Royale Hawaiian-Brand Pineapple Rum, ½ part Contrieu and ½ part Extra Dry Vermouth. Quite tasty, coming from a drunk.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
The JoJo said:
What's this like:
Captain Morgan’s Parrot Bay Coconut Rum????

Never tried it, should I?

That depends, do you like drinks that taste like candy? If so, you should try it. Captain Morgan also makes other flavored rums, one being mango. yum