TV programs you like?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi

I'm watching a Nat Geo Wild HD called Night of the Lion. It has some really great stuff, all filmed at night, using starlight, infrared and other types of new technologies to find out some really amazing stuff about lions hunting.
A new look, into a world we've never been able to see.

Current TV shows I follow:
Burn Notice
Blue Bloods
Bones
Castle
Charlies Angels
Covert Affairs
CSI
Hawaii Five O
Merlin
NCIS
Nikita
Pan Am
Person of Interest
Prime Suspect
Revenge
Ringer.

Yours?
Or comments?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Also keep in mind that Hollywood has a new trick. IIRC, contractually they can make stuff cheaper if they don't run it longer then 12 weeks. Something about the SAG contract, royalties, etc.

So, a number of these shows have only run 12 or less episodes, then a gap, then another run.

Stereodude

Not really a
Currently I'm watching:
Inside West Coast Customs
Once Upon a Time
Curiosity
House
Terra Nova
Hawaii Five-0
NCIS
NCIS LA
Unforgettable
Mythbusters
CSI
Revenge
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Prime Suspect
Nikita
Grimm
Blue Bloods

Shows currently in Hiatus that I watch:
The Closer
Leverage
Stormchasers
Build it Bigger
Big, Bigger, Biggest
World's Toughest Fixes

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Thanks.
Going to have a look at Unforgettable and Terra Nova.

Looks like you are right about Charlies Angels. Only one I found was starring Capri Anderson, and I don't think she's main stream in Hollywood, yet ;-)

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Right now House, Big Bang Theory and Breaking Bad. Liked Weeds but this last season went way down hill imo. Bones and Burn Notice didn't stick for me for some reason.

Almost bought the whole Battlestar Galactica series but I think I will wait, must be going on sale somewhere during the holidays. I have the big box set of Sopranos here that I need to rewatch over the holidays too. Mad Men was pretty good, I really liked the period stuff.

I have Person of Interest on my to look into list. Guess I will look into Pan Am and Nikita?

Really liked the Dollhouse suggestion I think I picked up on here.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Meh, no one watches Dexter here? I miss "Lie to Me". My neighbor (the same who calls me "Dexter") told me that Terra Nova was good, but I've yet to watch an episode.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I did watch Dexter and enjoyed it but I missed the last season.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
So Far, Terra Nova looks like a low budget Jurassic Park, with the same dinos, different names, and even pretty much the same structures.

Not a shock. Spielberg, in Australia I think.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Looks like I'm hooked on Unforgettable. Good stuff...

Thanks for the suggestions...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
It's starting to look like Terra Nova is WAY too much Jurassic Park. Episode 2 starts with the same kind of scene as the fat guy in the rain in Jurassic Park, getting killed by a unseen animal.

Handruin

Administrator
I also watch Dexter.

I've been going through Stargate SG-1 from the beginning. I had never seen any of them. I also watch The Walking Dead. That's the only show I watch live. I'll watch episodes of the Big Bang Theory, or Pawn Stars, or Storage Wars, or Myth Busters if they happen to be on.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
About the only TV that I get to watch on a semi-regular basis is Big Bang Theory, other than that, it's only kids shows. Mind you one kids show that is really good is Shaun The Sheep.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I really enjoy Bones, Lie to Me and Burn Notice. The rest of time it's just bored time filler and it could be any show, though I haven't resorted to Vampire Diaries or Gossip Girl yet. :lol:
I am in the second season of The Tudors and I hear Spartacus is really good. I've been meaning to watch Rome as well.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Many people have thought I would like BBT but it still feels too predictable even if the jokes are nerdy. :)

Handruin

Administrator
If I have a choice I don't watch any TV live. The news is about it, and I rarely watch that.

Me as well. I can't justify getting a DVR because I watch so little TV, so I endure commercials once a week. :)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I use the DVR quite a bit, mostly for recording regularly scheduled shows in case I miss them for some reason. I only have the one DVR on the main TV in the living room though. Having a TV in one bathroom helps too.

Stereodude

Not really a
Me as well. I can't justify getting a DVR because I watch so little TV, so I endure commercials once a week. :)
Broadcast TV get recorded to my server in the basement for later watching. Stuff on cable goes on the HD DVR from the cable company.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Into the Wormhole
American Chopper
Bones (sometimes)
Holms on Homes
The Universe
Pumpkin Chunkin'
Lots of NatGeo stuff
Warehouse 13 (canceled?)
anything Egypt titled
Discovery channel stuff

LunarMist

It's starting to look like Terra Nova is WAY too much Jurassic Park. Episode 2 starts with the same kind of scene as the fat guy in the rain in Jurassic Park, getting killed by a unseen animal.

Presumably that is the point. With all the annoying children on screen it appears to target a similar youth market. After seeing a couple of the poorly written and badly acted episodes I was rooting for the dinosaurs to eat a few more of the actors. :mrgrn:

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I really liked the look on dinos' face right before he ate a crazy scientist in episode 3 or 4.

It was sort of like:
"Are you really this stupid? Are you infected with some germ that may harm me? Or,
I wonder how you'll taste?"

Right before he chomped off at the boot tops, and left his feet in the boots.;-)

Unforgettable is getting to be that, the woman is growing on me.

Warehouse 13 I watch as well, but, I think it ran it's 12 or 13 episodes this term, and will probably be back soon, much like what they are doing with burn notice. If you add the two sessions together, you get just under a half year, which probably is a contractual point for royalty payments, and perhaps full time benefits from SAG.

Have to look at Lie to Me.

I never said I watched TV. Just what shows you like on TV.:)

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
It appears PanAm had a break from 11/14 to December 4th. Holiday scheduling.

LunarMist

Broadcast TV get recorded to my server in the basement for later watching. Stuff on cable goes on the HD DVR from the cable company.

That sounds like a good system. Around here the TV is spotty on some channels after they moved the HD frequencies around. :(

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
As an unrepenitent pirate, I have no idea which of the shows I watch are still airing, what channel they're on or their schedule. I just have a list of stuff I want to watch in sequential order. I'm probably going to start Stargate soon. I'm told that I'll particularly like Stargate Universe.

LunarMist

Unrepentant?

They should pay people to watch all that cheesy SciFi channel stuff. Well, most of it. :D

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
It annoys me that dexter doesn't appear to be streaming on Netflix, Hulu or iTunes. Way to go in making the show impossible to get legitimately.

Watched the last two episodes of breaking bad last night, awesome.

Mercutio

I believe the Starz deal that let Netflix stream a lot of Showtime content either just expired or is about to.

Handruin

Administrator
It annoys me that dexter doesn't appear to be streaming on Netflix, Hulu or iTunes. Way to go in making the show impossible to get legitimately.

Watched the last two episodes of breaking bad last night, awesome.

They did stream Dexter in the past. I was able to stream seasons one and two but then had to get season 3 and 4 on bluray. I think it was just a falling out with Showtime with regards to licensing. I don't know if it had any ties to Starz.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/netflix/dexter-departing-netflix-23408

Mercutio

IIRC, the license to stream Showtime-produced content came from from a deal that allowed Netflix to show content carried concurrently on Starz, which included Showtime shows after their initial airdate.
Or something like that.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Don't care. In the absence of getting what I want legally I won't be doing without.

I was about to start up Netflix again (I cancelled when they upped the prices last) but then realized there is stuff I would still be missing even though I belong to two streaming providers.

Too bad you can't rent tv on iTunes anymore either, don't feel like I need to buy all the tv shows there.

Mercutio

At the moment, I have Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime and Netflix, though I'll drop Hulu as soon as work stops paying for it. I look at what I can get from streaming and then compare it to what 12.5 years of Netflix rentals + an enormous amount of hard disk space have given me, and I have to say there's just no comparison.

My DVD rips also include things like commentary tracks that just aren't available from streaming sources. I accidentally found an utter gem a couple weeks ago: "How I Met Your Mother" episodes have hilarious commentaries.

Hopefully, as more people move to streaming options, commentaries and the like will go up on Youtube rather than being disc-exclusive content. Much as I hate discs, I'd hate to lose all the goodies that go with having 'em.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
When I bought breaking bad on itunes there is an inside episode for every episode plus some season intro/wrapup extras too. Similar with movies, with the free digital copy I get on some disks I buy I plugged that in to see what you get and there is usually a whole extras thing that look just like the extras dvd menus with similar content.

As you mention I have yet to encounter an alternate audio track with commentary. I rarely watch those on DVD because I don't really want to watch the whole thing again to just get some thoughts.

Mercutio

I rarely watch those on DVD because I don't really want to watch the whole thing again to just get some thoughts.

If I'm enough of a fan, I certainly will listen to commentaries. It's rarely the focus of my viewing at that point, but it can make a nice distraction while I do something else.