Unable to change sig in profile

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
This is embarassing, but I can't change my sig. Meaning, I change the contents of my sig and press the submit button, and it loads the page again (with my new sig).
Even if I give my password (password change went ok) the same thing happens.
No message about profile being updated, and it isn't.

I have tried it with mozilla and netscape in linux.

What am I doing wrong?

Handruin

Administrator
The JoJo said:
This is embarassing, but I can't change my sig. Meaning, I change the contents of my sig and press the submit button, and it loads the page again (with my new sig).
Even if I give my password (password change went ok) the same thing happens.
No message about profile being updated, and it isn't.

I have tried it with mozilla and netscape in linux.

What am I doing wrong?

Let me ask this:

1- You had your current signature and it worked fine
2- you changed the signature, hit submit and it looked like it changed
3- At what point are you giving your password? This part is confusing me, as you need to be logged in to change the signature. Maybe the cookie expired during the change?
4- Did you change your password at the same times as changing your signature? (Just trying to cover all grounds)

Just as a comment, I created a signature and posted in this thread. My signature displayed as expected. I then went into my profile and change my signature and the changes applied to this thread. I then changed it one last time and the changes applied.

Let me try it with a "none admin" user to see if anything strange happens.

-Doug

monkey-C

What is this storage?
This is a test with my original signature using a non-admin account.

monkey-C

What is this storage?
My signature changed automatically in the post above. I am going to change my password and then change my signature.

Handruin

Administrator
Ah...I have the answer to your problem! :D

The signature section holds a maximum of 255 characters including spaces. If you go over the 255 character limitation the submit button will bring you directly back to your profile and appear to save your changes. In order to verify your changes have been saved the forum will give you a specific message and not bring you right back to your profile.

Sorry for the confusion, verify the amount of characters and I believe you will have your answer.

-Doug