USB Mouse won't connect quickly

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
My work computer just recently started giving me trouble. On my KVM it treats the USB keyboard and mouse as plugin/unplug events when you switch computers, which works great.

On my laptop it just started delaying the mouse plugin for about 15-20 seconds, more than enough to be super annoying when switching to that computer. Keyboard continues to work about immediately on that computer and both keyboard and mouse work immediately on the other computer.

I don't even know where to start with that one, rebooting changes nothing. Generally I don't install special drivers for keyboards/mice either, I find the generic windows drivers fine.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Possibly 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' check box is checked in Device Manager for the mouse?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
It is XP pro for the work computer, i dont see an allow power down in device manager or the power options.

7pro x64 is the one that works fine for me. Mouse in question is a logitech G5.

Been about a year and a half sense the last reinstall/reimage, maybe time for the ultimate windows fix tool (fdisk).

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
The machine does nothing except the usual office stuff when I am not using it for something, does have outlook open all the time. There is some landesk corporate spyware in there that does something now and again.

For the driver I really saw no reason to not use the microsoft HID mouse driver, using that all along.

Unplugging the mouse from the KVM gets the same penalty. Unplugging the KVM USB to the computer gets the same penalty. Unplugging power from the KVM flipped both computers out but they both came back, and the work machine had the same 15 second penalty in reconnecting the mouse.

Odd problem, does work just slower than usual.