Video Card Solutions

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I've been looking at some ATI PCI-E video card solutions, and I was wondering about the X300, X600PRO, and the X700PRO. Obviously the performance and price varies amongst these three cards, but what sort of AGP cards would you compare them with? I was thinking of using the X300 for office systems. Any suggestions?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'd guess they probably equate to the 9200, 9550 and 9800 levels of performance. 9200s aren't bad for office use.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
The x700pro seemed to perform much better than the 600 with only a small price jump compared to the higher end cards. The 700pro is probably where I'd go for a new PC where I had gaming in mind.

If it was an office machine(or something I knew would never see anything more strenuous than a web browser and office) I'd get the lowest end card available (or even onboard). It will be more than enough power.

For something that needs to be low budget and might see a 3D game the x600 might work. However I feel there is an undue price premium on PCI-E cards and I would be better served by AGP if there were budget constraints.