Volt

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Maybe some of you have seen some of the pics. etc. released or maybe not. The initial 'leaked' pics. with the dorky-ass executives posing with it sucked really really bad. The pics linked to at the page below are nice. There's some good info. with several exterior and interior high resolution pics as well as some videos (links are on the RH side of the page). With the exception of a few small details, this will indeed be the production Volt.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/Gateway...s/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=12&docid=48589

C

ddrueding

Fixture
Wow, it's....not ugly ;)

I've noticed many designs now have the hood and belt line much higher, this seems to set a new record. Is that for pedestrian safety? I don't like it.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
It looks better than the one I saw at a car show 2 years ago which IMO was too boxy:

Chevy_Volt-1.jpg

Any chance of an option which offers a larger battery and no gas engine? I tend to think many of the people who would be interested in a car like this would want the ability to run in electric mode on all trips.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I only wish they could make them come out sooner.
I recently moved to a townhouse and there is no garage anymore. But I'd find a way to run an outlet to the shared parking. It is only 4 of us in the development, we are the homeowner's association. I wonder what kind of protection from the elements that would need? You can plug these things in outside I assume, in the rain/snow?

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Chevrolet Volt should get 230 mpg in city, GM says

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-volt12-2009aug12,0,4416022.story

Several other automakers, including Chrysler Group, Nissan Motor Co., Ford Motor Co. and Toyota Motor Corp., are working on variations of plug-in hybrids or all-electric vehicles that are expected to reach the market over the next few years.

and that's the rub, the competitors may match or exceed the Volt, and then were will GM's sales come from? Competition is good though, all of these hybrids are still way too expensive for what you get.