WD Passport

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've found that plain cement bricks are much less expensive and more useful for semipermanent construction and I can't imagine any other use for a WD drive.

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
Is anyone getting the new WD Passports? :razz:
That web page is the greatest amalgamation of artistic vision and poetic rhetoric that I've seen for a while! Stunning Storage, indeed!

Oh, but wait; I don't want to be stunned by my storage, I just want it to hold my files.

And Merc, you would have to find the exact correct colors to paint those bricks, to ensure that each of them "lies at the intersection of our physical life and the digital world, and . . . create a quality aesthetic that symbolizes this intersection.” Since "The bold, vibrant storage . . . is meaningful, just as the data people create is meaningful" and "The bold, vibrant design combined with charismatic colors is sure to stop people in their tracks, and gives users the opportunity to express themselves."

I'm sure most of us want our storage/bricks in charismatic colors sure to stop people in their tracks, for the opportunity to express ourselves. We can just hope that the drives don't stop in their tracks.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
If I had seen the PR a few years ago, I would have thought it was from the Onion or an April fool. :)