Weird Hard Ddrve

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
In the past, the "noname" hard disks at CompUSA have been Maxtors, but who can really tell in this case.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Thanks,. I am no in the physicalos conditions to go to the store and buy one. I was just curous for eht eend of the drives.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
It's really hard to tell. First, the picture they show is for an old tape-seal style drive. So the picture doesn't match the actual product. Secondly, there are third-party vendors that purchase failed hard drives from hard drive manufacturers, recertify and relabel the drives themselves. Stay away from these drives!

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck said:
Secondly, there are third-party vendors that purchase failed hard drives from hard drive manufacturers, recertify and relabel the drives themselves.
I'm probably dreaming here, but do I recognize the "Connect" name as a firm that is subcontracted by various drive manufacturers to repair their drives? Unfortunately, Google isn't shedding any light.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Seagate, Maxtor and WD primarily use Solectron. However, from what I've found, Solectron doesn't act as a sub-contractor. They actually purchase the drives, refurbish them, and then sell them as white label drives with their own warranty.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
mubs said:
LOST6200 said:
Thanks,. I am no in the physicalos conditions to go to the store and buy one.
Are you that unwell? Hope you get better soon.

Sonme days are better thatn the others. I will probably get worse, but who knows since I avloid ethe doctors. I purchased too muhc computer gear this month already to bother with anotehr drive not really needed. thre are a terabyte of extra drives, many o which are unopened.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Well whaht doyou know? It was a Samsung in a Samsnug box. Maybe Tony will be the happoy one?