Welcome!

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Welcome to The Storage Forum Pub & Brewery. Not much has changed since we were a Bar & Grill (Tea is still a handful when closing time rolls around), but we're happy to still have an appropriate home.

Come in, have a seat, and enjoy our company!

The Bartender

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Hey, I'm mature... I even had a drink back in the Windows On The World bar, last August...

OK, that wasn't so funny so I apologize... :oops:

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Have I missed something, or are we missing visitors? I expected more of a "hoorah", "great site", "we're all here". Instead, I see a few individuals, posting about the odd computer issue, or the rare non-computer topic. But, visiting my other location at Storage Review, I'm overwhelmed by the people visiting, chatting, debating, and consuming my beverages. Is this the plan, or is more to be expected? I understand our position on a tight community, but I was just curious.

Resolutely, From Behind the Bar

Handruin

Administrator
Bartender said:
Have I missed something, or are we missing visitors? I expected more of a "hoorah", "great site", "we're all here". Instead, I see a few individuals, posting about the odd computer issue, or the rare non-computer topic. But, visiting my other location at Storage Review, I'm overwhelmed by the people visiting, chatting, debating, and consuming my beverages. Is this the plan, or is more to be expected? I understand our position on a tight community, but I was just curious.

Resolutely, From Behind the Bar

I've submitted the page to a variety of search engines and I've also been telling my friends and coworkers. In other words I'd say the site is "open for business", but the people aren't interested.

I try to pass the link around in a way that is fair and not too spammish if you know what I mean.

I would hope more are to be expected, but we haven't seen a new member in days. The most recent member is a coworker of mine.

:-? Maybe in due time...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Pineapple juice, please.

I've added a link to SF in my slashdot signature, but I don't post all that often there. When my A+ class gets around to talking about storage, I'm sure I'll tell all 20 of them about this place and SR both. There just isn't any other place to learn more.

And yeah, there is a lot of Hurrah! and Great Site! stuff in the very early posts. I'm completely glad to have this place.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I've spent several weeks making a start on the masive task of rebuilding my incredibly out of date web site which, despite having had next to no upkeep for three years or so, still gets ~1000 page views a day (if the hit counter can be believed). Stats at www.redhill.net.au/stats They stop in late January, so I can't see if my work is bringing in the page views yet. (They moved me onto a different server as a temporary measure until their new one is ready. The temp server does not have the hit-count software. Should have my stats page back in a couple of weeks.)

I've added a Storage Forum link to most of the important pages, but it doesn't seem to be bringing in the punters. I think it needs to link to a more organised and friendly "welcome" page - which could be either here at Storage Forum or one I write myself and post at www.redhill.net.au Or, better, both.

Bit by bit I'm getting it back up to speed. Lots of nice new pictures now, mostly of hard drives but some other things too. I'm updating nearly every day at present, and will no doubt continue until I've worn out either my stamina or my new digital camera. Unless I run out of old hard drives and motherboards first, of course.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Speaking of old drives and cameras, how do you guys like this little beauty?

Click to enlarge! (Yes, even you, Mercutio. It's only 108k.) I've got heaps more, but this one will do to start with.