Where are all the low power Athlon 64s?

Sol

Storage is cool
I've been thinking of building a new system to function as a download/tv box to grab and watch tv shows on. I thought my best bet for an efficient quiet machine would be one of the promised 35 Watt AM2 Athlon 64s, probably an ADD3500BOX since that seems to be the only single core one available.

But I'm not finding them anywhere, I've walked up and down Tottenham court rd which is pretty much the big computer shopping area in London and I've searched for online stores but nobody seems to have them at all...

Does anyone see these processors on their price lists or know where I can buy one online or am I pretty much going to have to look at some other low power processor?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
The only readily available AMD processors for me are the Semprons and Opterons. Anything Athlon is about as scarce as Redhill selling WD.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Can't help you with the CPUs, but how's jolly olde London towne going? Been doing any shooting?

Sol

Storage is cool
No, I have to get a job before I can get a place to live, and I need one of those before I can join a club and import my rifle.

Handruin

Administrator
Are ther 35W varients a lower yield or slower performers? Why wouldn't they just sell the 35W unit (where applicable) and set a mark for the industry?

ddrueding

Fixture
Because the 35W (and even the 65W) parts could clock much higher if they ran at the normal ~90W. Basically it's a part shortage of chips that are stable at the lower voltage.