Where to buy Tekram U3D (3.3V version) online?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Have you tried Hypermicro? They have them in stock. But I would call to make sure they are the latest 3.3 volt type. They will at least know what you are talking about whereas with other on line vendors that's doubtful. I've always received good service from them and the prices, if not the best, are at least close to the best.

http://www.hypermicro.com/store/index.htm

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Bill,

I emailed Hypermicro a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately they only had the 5V versions in stock.

I need to see what this X15 will do to this sluggish Pentium 233 I am using at the moment :mrgrn: I don't think anything can speed up AOLHell!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'll bet Pradeep's 233 + a goodly amount of RAM (256MB or so) + an X15 is as usable a workstation as you'll find. Probably wouldn't feel any different from the GHz-range desktops most of the rest of us have.

The real question is what the hell an otherwise respectable person like Pradeep is doing using AOL (that's a joke, mostly).

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
This is a tough one Pradeep. Why not consider an LSI card? The Tekram uses their chip on the DC390 anyway. LSI has Dual 68pin U160 Cards 64bit/66mhz or 64bit/33mhz. Both appear to be 3.3V. Good prices as well.

http://www.lsilogic.com

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Here's a company who has DC390U3Ds in stock in NY. I don't know if it is the 3.3v version but I guess you could call them. http://www.libi.com/cgi-bin/libi.storefront/EN/product/781800
One Problem with most of these online stores is that although they show a product as in stock, they really mean it's in the manufacturer's stock, not theirs. So they don't really have any way to check details such as your looking for.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I ended up ordering from the Tekram online store, at least that way I can be sure of getting a 3.3V version. The LSI's are cheap, but once I included the price of cables/terminators the Tekram was better value. I'll give it a spin on Friday prob.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Pradeep said:
I ended up ordering from the Tekram online store, at least that way I can be sure of getting a 3.3V version. The LSI's are cheap, but once I included the price of cables/terminators the Tekram was better value. I'll give it a spin on Friday prob.

Everything I see in the tekram store indicates it is 5V operation. Can you point me to where it says 3.3v?

C

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
It doesn't mention 3.3V anywhere on the site, but reports are that they are producing 3.3V compatible cards now. Notice they also state max transfer rate of 266 MB/sec at 64bit/66MHz as well! I don't think they upgrade their website very often.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Ok, I have now entered the world of SCSI. Got the Tekram U3D, which ended up being a 5V version (which will work fine in the 64bit slots of the Tyan TigerMP). Hooked up the x15 and everything is running smoothly. The true test of speed will occur when I plug it into the dual Athlon, until then this p233 has a very fast swap drive (and 64MB of ram, win98). Certainly doesn't seem noisy, and I don't here any martians ;)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
The Martians were available for a 10% premium. You should have said something Pradeep!

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL, certainly the drive gets very warm, I'll put it up the top of my AOpen tower, and hook up the 2*80mm fans adjacent to it.