Where to get info on understanding FCI503+ 'core dumps'

Can you get good computer repair help where you live?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No point to fixing them - just get a new one

• Total voters

wjhalverson

What is this storage?
My FCI503+ based machine died ... and I can't find people who understand the core dump .

Any leads to online sites with that kind of info greatly appreciated!

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Hi William, welcome aboard.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question properly. Could you expand please?

Lots of people didn't like MVP3 boards in general and the 503+ in particular, but I always loved them. Our three Athlons aside, all our other machines are K6-III+ and VA-503-based. I make no claims to any especially detailed knowledge of them, but if it is likely to help I probably have as much hands-on experience with VA-503 main boards as almost anyone. I have no idea how many 503-based systems and upgrades we sold, but it was certainly over a thousand, and - believe it or not - we still have a few brand new 503s in stock for repairing older systems.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I *AM* the good computer help where I live.

Are you referring to a classical core file such as might be found as a result of a *nix program dying, or more generally to refer to a file containing the contents of memory after a system crash (as is common on Windows machines)?

Microsoft has some crash analysis tools for the latter.
For the former, I'd want to know more before I suggest a course of action. For most people, coredumps of userland stuff are just gibberish. Contents of memory, after all.

So we need more info, if you have anything to add.