Windows/386 & crack-smokin' monkeys

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I did not see anything about crack monkeys. The video shows some situations that could be considered harrassment, HWE or at least inappropriate, though that was probably produced prior to current legislation.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
I did not see anything about crack monkeys. The video shows some situations that could be considered harrassment, HWE or at least inappropriate, though that was probably produced prior to current legislation.

The video was used to promote Windows/386, which would date it as around 1987~1989.

I guess you could say that it pre-dates current workplace legislation...
;)

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I knew that there was a reason that I skipped from Windows 1.03 to 3.0....

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Hey, I sold people Windows/386. If they asked for it. (This was back before Red Hill days, I was working for a Melbourne company which will remain nameless to protect the guilty.) It sucked. Ran like molasses, more bugs than Tea on a bad hair day.

Great promo though.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
What is that black thing that she takes out of the envelope with an audio file on it? Is that an old MP3 player, something before the iP*d? What are those black flat things with sleeves? Are those old fashioned business cards? They look awkward to carry around.

Platform

Learning Storage Performance
Ballmer_Windows_1.0.jpg

Ballmer (
the used car salesman) selling Windows 1.00 for $99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk&NR

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse somebody has to go and whip out old Ballmer. Thanks. Now I must shower. And then gouge my eyes out. And then rupture my typanic membranes bilaterally with a pencil.

Platform

Learning Storage Performance

For what it's worth, I've met and briefly talked with Bill Gates -- twice -- but never Ballmer. I've also met and briefly talked with "Apple technology evangelist" Steve Wozniak once -- but never Jobsie.

This was in another time and universe called the 1980s. :geek:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Someone was mentioning last night that Vista looks a lot like OS X.

Does Microsoft have a single original idea in the interface department?

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Actually, I think that was an invention of Sony.

PSX and PlayStation2 developer consoles crash to solid colour screens with dump information.

Sol

Storage is cool
The earliest picture of a BSOD I can find is from NT 3.5 but I'm fairly certain that it wasn't the first one. So I believe that MS beat Sony to that one but Sony got it to home users first I guess...

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Sony had the foresight to hide those screens from the user; in retail versions of the console, the system simply resets. Windows had to wait for XP for that.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Whatever.

I used to live in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood and saw Fred regularly.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Wasn't he a former Marine sniper with a bunch of confirmed kills from Vietnam, and he always wore sweathers to cover up all his tatoos on his arms?