Woo hoo! I just got my WarCraft III beta test confirmation!

Handruin

Administrator
I just checked my e-mail and Blizzard entertainment is sending me a beta test for Warcraft III! I signed up during their enrollment period (5000 people) and they picked me, I'm psyched! I love Warcraft II and I can't wait for WC3!

Ok, I'll shut up now! :aok:

James

Storage is cool
I've never played any of the Warcrafts, or Starcraft, or any of the C&Cs for that matter. Is that some sort of record? :)

Handruin

Administrator
Ah man, you don't know what your missing...what about diablo, or diablo II? Try them out if you have some time to kill!

edit (removed huge annoying graphic)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
STOP POKING ME! Burp!

Oh. Uh. OK.
Actually I'm not a fan of Blizzard's games, but I like the funny things the various creatures say when you click on them a few down times.

The Giver

Learning Storage Performance
The Giver is trying to play Icewind Dale. Not as good a game the Myth series. Anyone else played Myth 2 or 3?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Myth 2 was pretty darn cool. I played it on my friend's Mac a few times.

But I liked Icewind Dale better. And Planescape: Torment better yet (now appearing in the cheapie bin).

Blizzard games are, I don't know... very empty. The phrase "click-fest" was basically invented to describe Diablo, after all.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I rarely play games. Yesterday, while I was walking in a shopping mall (not one of my hobby BTW, I walked half an hour outside at -15°C and I entered the shopping mall to warm up a bit since it was on my way) and I passed in front of a computer games' shop. I decided to take a look at their stuff since I had no better things to do.

I stumbled on Serious Sam for 8$CDN (~5.50U$). I only heard good comments about it on the Net and for only 8$, I thought : why not? It's the first FPS game I play since Doom 2 (I played a bit at UT, but not enough to mention it). One comment : beautiful! The graphics are astounding! I don't care if Serious Sam 2 arrives on shelves today, I'm more than happy with the original version. I think I like it enough to spend the time to finish it.

Very well spent money.

Now if only they could make a version of Grand Tourismo 3 for PC, I would be in heaven... (I like racing games more than anything else).

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
CougTek said:
Now if only they could make a version of Grand Tourismo 3 for PC, I would be in heaven... (I like racing games more than anything else).

Thats why I bought Playstation 2. GT3 is the only game I have for the system, and the only game that has been able to capture my attention for more than 10 minutes in the last year.

I have played that game for more than 100 hours in the last month. When I get sick of it I will probably sell the system for almost what I paid for it.

-Tim