woot is in woot off mode

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I just realized what the flashing yellow lights mean.
I missed some ok crap. Maybe there is some ok crap coming up.
But I think it is getting close to 3 days now.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
So what you have to sell is...?

And a little development about the context of your flashing lights would help some SF members to understand what the Hell you are talking about. 3 days...since what?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
woot.com typically sells one geekish item a day. Sometimes it's a hard drive. Sometimes it's a radio controlled car. Sometimes it's a giant DLP TV. Sometimes it's random, unidentified crap (they call those "bags o' crap", seriously).

Right now woot.com is selling more than one item a day, which is called a "woot-off", which means it's worth checking woot.com more than one time a day.

That is all.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Good to know. I shall refresh it every 10 minutes.

Has anyone ordered anything from them before?

Mercutio

I bought a projection screen from them a few days ago, and a couple months ago I bought a little MPEG4 handheld video recorder.

They have WD2500JBs for $53 shipped around once a month, which would be cool if it were a brand that didn't suck.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Did they ship quickly?

I wish this stupid toaster would sell out. Someone please buy 50 of them.

Mercutio

woot.com is fun if only for the product descriptions.

"It’s happened to the best of us: just as our computer takes a moment to do some geometry, a gang of Hellions piles on our hero. By the time we can see what’s happened, our magic scrapper is face-down in the street and running an XP debt. We clench both fists, trembling with rage, and scream “Never again!” at the heavens. Or at the drop-ceiling in our mom’s basement. Heavenswardly, anyway."

Which, for the City of Heroes player, is a pretty normal experience. Especially the Heavenswardly part.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
CougTek said:
So what you have to sell is...?

And a little development about the context of your flashing lights would help some SF members to understand what the Hell you are talking about. 3 days...since what?

Others have answered what it is.
I posted in here because I thought it the most relevant forum for information about sales and such.
I thought you all would know what woot is because I believe Merc linked it a while ago.
As to the flashing lights: http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q9

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I read part of the page (FAQs) that Will linked to just above; pretty funny. Guys certainly have a sense of humor, which is soooo lacking in our world.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Wototing is on orf woiotign is off? Is off good, not on.? Im so confudwsed.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Woot is in woot off mode again. I will spend half my day at work today refreshing the page to see if anything cool comes up.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I think woot tricked me into buying a WD drive.

I wouldn't normally have done it, but, it was only $50 for a 250gb drive.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
timwhit said:
Woot is in woot off mode again. I will spend half my day at work today refreshing the page to see if anything cool comes up.

Good thing I didn't see this till a little while ago. At least some of my day was productive.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
The woot off is still on. Man I love woot off.

I wish I would have been awake for this.

I could use a new receiver on the cheap.

Handruin

Administrator
haha I love it for the refurb WD deal!

It says, "You're not getting Caviar on a silver spoon", "You're getting Caviar in a crappy box!"

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Sold out.

I bought one the last time it was on Woot. It seems to work fine. I am not keeping anything important on it though.

Handruin

Administrator
My thought was to buy two of them and mirror...for the price, it isn't bad in that config.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
My problem is that my case is almost full. I already have 5 hard drives. Anything bigger is too expensive for my taste.

Handruin

Administrator
I hear ya on that one. It gets to the point where having a bunch of drives is noisy, warm and a pain to manage. :) I have a perfectly good 9GB atlas 10K drive...but far too small for anything useful these days. Even my 18GB atlas 10KII sits idle. Both have been idle for years now. :\

Mercutio

Four or five years ago, I would've eaten a busload of nuns for a combination SACD/DVD-Audio player for $150. What the hell are you complaining about?

Mercutio

woot has $140 Nvidia 7900GS video cards right now, which looks like about $100 off what anything else with that chip would cost.

ddrueding

Fixture
Damn...I almost hit the "I want one" button, and I have absolutely no need for this card. The slowest gaming system I have (hooked to a 19" LCD) already has an OC'd X1600 on it; with X850s, X1800s, and 7900GTs all around...but this is such a good deal...

Mercutio

If it makes you feel any better, I was tempted to buy some just because I know I can resell them for $50 more than I paid. I still might do it; I know some gamers who would be very happy to get an upgrade.

Mercutio

My profit... I mean video cards came today.

Are there quantitative tests for suckiness that I can do, or should I just estimate the suck from the weird green design on the translucent neon-green fan?