Word perfect

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Arrgggh! I am tryiong in vainto comvert an old WP file to MS Wrod or something legible. It is a .WPD file from 1994, probably crated with WP 6.0 or 6.1 in Windows 3.1. I testes a few converters downloaded randomly asnd none worked. I then tr5ied opening/converting in Office 2000 and 2003, it was aslo a bust. Anyone have ideas? I really need the information in taht WPD report by Friday. Thanks!

ddrueding

Fixture
Have you tried the Google Docs converter? If you don't have an account, I can try it for you. I also have a newer version of WP on a machine down the hall.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
QWhere is the download dfor the goodle docs concverter? I cant do anythyng on line as ther is propreiatry info uin the file.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
By a newer copy of WPerfect, like WP 12, cheap. From my copy, it appears to be able to open back to Word Perfect 4.2, and, it can then save as Ms word 97/2003.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a ton of docs in WordPerfect (all versions). Office 2003 opens them with no problems. BUT, you will need to have installed the optional converter pack in Office 2003. You will need the Office 2003 install CD for this. Sorry I don't know where mine is, and am not sure how to install the converters because I install the converters when I am installing the rest of Office.

ddrueding

Fixture
I have a ton of docs in WordPerfect (all versions). Office 2003 opens them with no problems. BUT, you will need to have installed the optional converter pack in Office 2003. You will need the Office 2003 install CD for this. Sorry I don't know where mine is, and am not sure how to install the converters because I install the converters when I am installing the rest of Office.

Add/Remove programs, select Office, Add/Remove Components, pick the stuff you want. I had forgotten about that one.