XP + SBLive

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Before I go installing XP on one of my machines...

Does anyone know if XP properly supports digital output, or if LiveWare's LiveSurround works under XP?

I just totally lost a 40GB FAT32 partition on my Win98 machine and I don't feel like recovering it, or putting up with another major data loss. Knowing that 2000 doesn't properly support an SB Live, I'm considering XP.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Hi Mercutio!

I'm running an SBLive and Hollywood+ with WIndowsXP. Everything's working ok. I'm using the Digital out (input from H+ and output to amplifier) and I'm 4.1 surround when I'm at my computer.

You shouldn't have any problems.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I'm using 2k with Live! and digital out and it works fine. What problems are you running into?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
None, now.

I just remembered that for the longest time Win2000 didn't support digital out on SB Live. Since the machine I'm installing to is connected to around $2000 worth of stereo equipment, and another $3000 worth of monitor/projector, I'd be slightly peeved if I couldn't use the digital out...

I started the install about an hour ago, and I'm downloading all the goodies I think I'll need (Creative's patches, new VIA drivers, PowertoysXP etc).

Thanks for replying.