YouTube Recomendations

ddrueding

Fixture
These are the channels that I'll admit to subscribing to, my interests will be pretty clear.

Science / Math / Learning:

CGP Grey
Computerphile
CrashCourse
DeepSkyVideos

Healthcare Triage
Smarter Every Day / Funner Every Day
MinutePhysics / MinuteEarth
Numberphile
NurdRage
Periodic Videos
SciShow
Sixty Symbols
Tom Scott
Veritasium / 2Veritasium
Vihart
Vsauce

Automotive / Engineering:

/Drive
AMMO NYC (Detailing Awesomeness)
Bad Obsession Motorsport
Carlos Lago
Chris Harris on Cars
colinfurze
Engineering Explained
EricTheCarGuy
EVO
FastLaneDaily
Mighty Car Mods

Motor Trend Channel
Tom's Turbo Garage

Entertainment/VLogs:

CaseyNeistat

devinsupertramp
GamesWithHank
hankgames
Team BlackSheep
vlogbrothers

Tired of typing and clicking for now. I'll abuse my mod powers to update this later if there is interest.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I don't have any special favourites areas. I don't use Youtube a lot as a rule but I have binges on some theme from time to time. Last month I spent an evening on Youtube (can't even remember what topic it was now) and managed to blow my entire month's bandwidth in a few hours. Spent the next two weeks on quota-exceeded quasi-dial-up speed because I'm too stingy to buy extra GB. I only have 60GB a month (plus another 60GB for use between 2am and 8am) but that's usually plenty.

One thing I love Youtube for is the how-tos. For example, a little while ago I built a new shed and I needed a 3 x 3 concrete slab foundation. What did I know about mixing and pouring concrete? Nothing! And it's not easy - you have to do it right. But a few hours on Youtube later I was up to speed and a few days of hard work later, Hey Presto a perfect slab first time! I often hit Youtube for how-tos, it's great!

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Thanks Dave, I'll check those later when I'll have some free time.

Regarding the how-to guides, I've used some too. I few years ago, I fell on a video by EZ-Tool on how to make an RJ-45 connector. Before that, I missed maybe one-in-five connectors I made. Since then, I've never missed one and I've wired three buildings with over 100 connections each. Admittedly, it's a simple task, but when you learn it by yourself, you miss some simple details that can make your life easier.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Most of my Youtube subs are somehow related to my musical tastes or are people who make amusing short videos. One of my favorites is improvelectronic's channel devoted to his insane ability to improvise arbitrary music in the compositional style of arbitrary classical composers.

About the only time I watch a computer-related Youtube video, it's because no one has posted a repair guide for a laptop but someone DOES have a teardown video on Youtube. Which means I have to sit through eight minutes of someone poorly narrating screw removal to get to the one part about the trick to getting the keyboard or palmrest off without breaking something.

One of my favorite podcasts, Welcome to Night Vale, does post its episodes as Youtube videos. I wish more podcasts would do that, as set top box audio support is usually pretty lackluster and it's nice to have access on devices aside from phones.