403 Forbidden

Handruin

Administrator
What exactly did you try to post? Sometimes there are certain words which get caught or cause a 403. I don't know why this is, but it has something to do with the server's configuration.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Do you know what words? Because, I still can't make that post. I don't think I will be able to post it here either.

Handruin

Administrator
I can't remember what word it was, but blakerwry and I found it a while back. The problem is, I don't know what to search for to find it. :) Can you try PM'ing the post to me and see if it happens? If it does, then I'll PM you my e-mail so you can send it that way (if you don't mind), and I'll try to figure it out.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
OK I sent the email. The post isn't all that long. This is one of the weirdest errors that I have ever encountered.

Handruin

Administrator
hah! This is VERY odd. When you post the words "curl" and "die" in that order without quotes, it causes the 403 error no matter how many words are between them. The order also matters. If you post die, then curl, nothing happens.

Handruin

Administrator
I deleted your test post BTW (and mine) since they are no longer needed.

Also, I knew almost immediatly when you sent me the post that the word "curl" had something to do with it.

http://us3.php.net/curl

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Hmm ... I ran into a 403 Forbidden error while trying to post a while back. I just assumed something was screwy and forgot about it. I can't think what I would have been trying to post that would have included the etymological duo of doom. Are there other words that can cause this?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
କଜଚପଳଗଅଯ ଳଠଶ୧େହ!!

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Wow. Can't handled "curl" and "die", but it can handle Oriya. Weeeeird. :)