c't Magazine Cartoon

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
A great cartoon.
http://www.heise.de/ct/motive/02/09/

When I look at this illustration, I see printer manufacturers drunk with their greed; relying on their unsteady income of ink. I call this income unsteady, because they've put too much confidence in a cheap mixture of water and pigments. They almost seem to be heading the direction of HDD manufacturers a few years ago when profits dropped dramatically, and the industry scrambled for money.

Of course, maybe you just see two HP printers gloating over the misfortunes of their customers attempting to get service.

Or you see a somber Bartender wishing he had more customers.

You could also see the old CMYK label for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Those printers look like Epsons to me. I don't know where you're getting HP. HP inkjets load paper properly, from below the print mechanism. :)

Of course they're all horrid anyway. Which is a good argument for buying $10 inkjet printers when one can find them (usually a couple times a year at big chain stores like Wal-Mart) and throwing them away when they run out of ink.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Mercutio said:
Those printers look like Epsons to me. I don't know where you're getting HP. HP inkjets load paper properly, from below the print mechanism. :)

Of course they're all horrid anyway. Which is a good argument for buying $10 inkjet printers when one can find them (usually a couple times a year at big chain stores like Wal-Mart) and throwing them away when they run out of ink.

I think HP was mentioned because of Tannin's love for them. :D