problem Desktop pc freezes after I put it to Sleep a 2nd time

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I'd rather eat the cost for leaving the drives running all the time than have them do anything but run 24x7. Servers I manage have had very few disk problems over their lifetime, something I'm thankful for, and I attribute that in part to not bothering to spin down drives.
My experience is the same. I never spin down drives, and I've yet to have a drive fail on me. Once my machines only use SSDs, I'll consider powering them down if I'm away for more than an hour or two but I would consider this practice very harmful to mechanical disks.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Lunar, if your computers are noticeably louder or hotter than other normal office equipment, you need better computers.
People have slept in the same room with my big file server and never noticed it.

Well, that is a topic for another thread. Assuming the OP does not have 32TB of internal drives with the O/C Gulfstream like I do, then the computer probably does not generate too much heat. Nevertheless, I'd just turn it off if the sleep driver issue is not resolved.