Don't like the new red color

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Probably just needs to be a different shade though. It is too jaring.
Do you think you could implement the changes in a new site profile so that we can look at it but we are not stuck with it.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Cliptin said:
Probably just needs to be a different shade though. It is too jaring.
Do you think you could implement the changes in a new site profile so that we can look at it but we are not stuck with it.

Actually it might be that since there is nothing else red on the screen it sticks out like a sore thumb. What about the same yellow that is in the header picture.? Have we tried that?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Umm ... wasn't orange the color the site originally used?

The blue was even more glaring than the red. With that in mind, I didn't think the red was too bad. Then again, those who are red-green color blind would have a hard time telling the difference between the Adminstrator/Moderator tag color.

How about a purple? That might look ok.

Can someone give a purple color a try?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
I take it back. I think I know what would work for both the headings and the Administrator tag color: a light grey.

Handruin

Administrator
The blue wasn't displaying in the black title bars on the page, so I had to make it visible until the :caugh: redesign is complete. Maybe red isn't the best color. What's annoying is that phpBB2 uses the same CSS class for the titles and also for the admin name color. So when I switched the title bar colors, my name now displays in red...grrr.

It should only look like poop for a little while longer...sorry for the delay. Want me to switch it back to orange for now, or back to some eye piercing blue?

Handruin

Administrator
i said:
I take it back. I think I know what would work for both the headings and the Administrator tag color: a light grey.

Great idea, gray it is...