Dual xeon 2.8 ghz pay shipping

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Two CPU's or like a whole system? My interest level has nudged off of sleep mode.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I didn't really pay any attention to this but one thing you have to be very careful of if you're listing Xeons for sale is the processor series, which you don't specify in any easily identifiable way.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I thought that was your auction and they were sold already.

Socket 604 with 533 bus and hyper threading, these seem pretty dated.

Every intel CPU has a S Spec # stamped in the heatspreader, posting nothing but that number tells people exactly what you have at least.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Thanks.
Not really worth the hassle. The current pricing seems to be about 10-15 dollars a processor. Just thought if someone here had something like this, and needed spare parts to trouble shoot it would help.

With ebay now charging 9% on sales price PLUS shipping, plus 4% on Paypal it's getting to the point where just trashing stuff is a better solution.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Craigslist or Freecycle, man.

Of course, where I live, Freecycle is just people whining that they need free disposable diapers, but presumably in civilization it's different.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Same here, used ebay over a decade but it is just a ripoff now.

I list things on anandtech, HOCP, and macrumors forums and they sell pretty quick, those are some big forums.

Merc's options aren't bad either but those might lead to human contact which I would rather avoid for transactions like this.