fancy working for a the largest storage company around?

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
rumours are rife that EMC is planning a bid on Quest Software, whom i work for. might be interesting, i might even get to play with some serious storage solutions. check out www.emc.com.

Handruin

Administrator
Jake the Dog said:
do you work for EMC mate?

You bet...for over a year and a half now. I work in Hopkinton, MA near the headquarters.

Handruin

Administrator
Jake the Dog said:
well fancy that :)

the rumour, i believe, originated from the US, not here. have you not heard anything?

Unfortunately the group I am in discovers the news when we read about it at NASDAQ, or some other financial news place. For example, I learned about EMC new product (Centera) the day it was released. Some of the other new hardware I have knowledge of, but this one was a surprise.

There was also a rumor back in the day that one of EMC’s founders was going to (or did) make a bid on the Boston Red Sox. The team was not purchased however…

I wonder how many of our jobs they'll cut if EMC buys another company... I’ve met a guy from Australia who worked on an account at ANZ bank.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Groltz said:
I just fancy working. :sqnt:

It certainly does beat the alternative.
I fancy going to work at the same place every day, and not having to worry about when someone is going to pay my bill.

It's relative, I guess.