Flask crashes when trying encode divx

Soup_Nazi

What is this storage?
I used to rip DVDs under win98se, using divx 4.0 and encoding the audio with mp3 and it would rip perfectly.

I tried to rip a new dvd this week under 98se and it crashed giving me a kernel32 exception, but that was using divx 5.0.

I installed win2k today, knowing that crashing was a known issue with 9x and flask and hoped that changing OS would fix this ailment. With fingers crossed I tried with divx 5, to find the program close in the much more polite win2k fashion, and then got up to about 1% of a rip using divx 4.0......*crash* :eek:

any ideas?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've *always* had that problem with the latest versions of flash (yet I keep trying). The program I've found to work very well is an old version of Flask 4 that was optimized for AMD CPUs, called "FlaskAMD". I don't know if you can still download it but the modifications make it easier to use, too.

Also, make a visit to easydivx.does.it. Pop the DVD in, ask a few questions, and walk away for a couple hours. It does the rest.

Soup_Nazi

What is this storage?
hmm...maybe its something that happens when a dvd rom hits middle age and doesn't read quite as well as a brand new drive, because I used to be able to rip dvds with latest version of flask.
I copied the files off the dvd to the hdd and then tried to play it back off the hdd (all 7gig of it) but it crashed power dvd twice because of the picture screwing up, I am guessing it didn't copy too well

and, btw was that site you gave mercutio?

Soup_Nazi

What is this storage?
because soup nazi's don't use proper grammar. eh?

haha and thanks, I needed it to be made into a link before my newb brains could process it as a url

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tea said:
By the way, what does your sig mean, Soup_Nazi...

http://www.drodd.com/seinfeld/TheSoupNazi.htm

Search for "pushing" using your browser. You can also hear a bad recording of it here.

Tea said:
...and why is there no apostrophe in "Your"?

He needs to fix that, otherwise he'll offend the grammar gods and the Seinfeld gods.

Soup Nazi, it should be "You're" as in the contraction of "You are."

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ahh, Thankyou i.

A half hour later, I am slightly educated. Read through the script (which only makes a little sense seeing as I barely know what Signfeld is - I think I saw one, maybe two episodes about four years ago) but that recording, dreadful as it is, gives me a much clearer picture.

The grammer gods, by the way are offended. Not that it will do any good.

Soup_Nazi

What is this storage?
don't patronise me, I know where my grammar was incorrect...I just don't have the bother to correct the error. I think I might just leave it, to prove that I AM Yev Kasem and I speak with my own lexicon

:evil:

Sol

Storage is cool
Tea said:
I barely know what Signfeld is - I think I saw one, maybe two episodes about four years ago

That’s probably one more than is strictly speaking necessary. Every episode of Seinfeld is much the same as all the rest.

1.Character comes up with the sort of stupid idea that occurs to everyone but which all real people dismiss immediately as stupid.
2.Other characters agree with idea and encourage first character to act on it.
3."Hilarity" ensues.
4.Repeate until board.

To give it credit it was funny the first time.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
You actually made it through an entire episode of Seinfeld without losing your lunch? I have newfound respect for you, Sol.

Soup_Nazi

What is this storage?
well...I guess there'll be no soup for sol.

ALRIGHT WHO'S NEXT? WHO WANTS SOUP?

The Grammar Police

Learning Storage Performance
Well, well, well, Soup Nazi. Up to your old tricks, I see. Still, you're improving. Your yor is better than your your. I'll let you off with a warning. This time.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Hey Nazi, flask will crash if you try to encode 48 KHz audio at 44 KHz., perhaps a prob.