Forum Width

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I would like to see the forum fit into a 800 x 600 resolution. Unfortunately, my aged and abused eyes can't handle 1024 x 768 on a 15" monitor. Did someone say buy a bigger monitor? I use that one for work. :)

BR

Handruin

Administrator
Buck said:
I would like to see the forum fit into a 800 x 600 resolution. Unfortunately, my aged and abused eyes can't handle 1024 x 768 on a 15" monitor. Did someone say buy a bigger monitor? I use that one for work. :)

BR

I will take a stab at adjusting the size to fit 800x600 when I get home from work tonight. I believe the culprit to the problem is the menu at the top. I've set the table width to around 1000 pixels, and when it is resized it causes scroll bars.

I'll see what I can do to fix this issue, thanks for pointing it out!

-Doug

Handruin

Administrator
Buck said:
Bless your heart Handruin, we (my eyes and I) await your findings.

BR

I found the culprit causing you eye strain. ;) I've removed a piece of HTML coding that will make your life easier. I originally set the text menu table at the top to "nowrap", and this was causing you grief at 800x600. The forum should now fit even at 640x480, but I can't confirm that because Windows XP will only go to 800x600 as a minimum resolution.

At 800x600 the text menu will wrap onto 2 lines. It doesn't look as good, but it is more beneficial to users running at less then 1024x768.

I've also shortened some of the text in the menu because it was rather wordy. I changed "you have no new messages" to "no new messages" and one other long text message. ;)

Let me know if you still have trouble with it.

-Doug

Handruin

Administrator
I took a screen capture of the smallest size that would fit in the browser and it looks like everyone at 640x480 should be able to use the forum. The smallest it can go before scroll bars display on the browser is 510x196. (This is in IE 6.0)