FS: IBM Access Utility Router 2212-40H

dsimages

What is this storage?
Price: ?

I dont know a whole lot about this item.
This item was taken from a working network. I know little or nothing about this item except what I have found on the web. So that would be your best bet for answers on this item, but I will answer anything I can. This is some of the info I have found on it:

Includes Mounting Brackets For Rack Mount
110/220 Volt Auto Switchable
The IBM 2212 Model 40H has four Compact PCI adapter slots plus one PMC adapter slot, one 64 MB DRAM SIMM, and one 3.2 GB hardfile. The model 40H is preloaded with the Enterprise software package containing all functions including TN3270E, APPN, and Thin Server features
The IBM 2212 Access Utility is a branch office in a box. Now it's easy to connect local area networks (LANs) to your mobile workforce via remote LANs, or branch offices to the Internet or to company backbone, using advanced multiprotocol virtual private networks (VPNs). The IBM 2212 Access Utility provides both cost-effective computing across a broad range of remote locations, as well as the flexibility to grow in meeting tomorrow's networking needs.

I found this item for sale online at a store called CodeMicro for $6,097.71

Ill take what I can get. Spit me out an offer (Im cheap) I have picts if needed.

Please email me at video@brsimages.com

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
As WITH MOST TECHNOLOGY introduced to the AS/400 world of late, IBM' s new Internet access solution is a way of combining different enterprise components to create e-business efficiency. Available December 1, this e-business Internet solution for AS/400 is comprised of the AS/400 server itself, an Access Utility peripheral device and Lotus Domino software. Coinciding with the release of this solution , IBM also announced the "Networking Systems No Payment Till 1999 Deferral" plan through the company's Global Financing division. The Access Utility is a single multi-service box designed to act as a router and thin server. As a router , the Access Utility provides secure Internet access for AS/400 users with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). As a thin server , the Access Utility is designed to support Network Computers used as Internet workstations for AS/400 servers.

http://static.elibrary.com/m/midran...edsolutioneconomizesebusinessibmaccessutilit/

I dunno if it will work without an AS/400 system as a server.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I've been working on AS/400s since 1991 and haven't heard of feature code 2212. Seeing as it comes with TN3270 vs. TN5250, I'd think it would be found in a mainframe environment vs. AS/400. 400's do 3270, but 5250 is the native interface.

Anyway, it's a multi-protocol router.