How does the toolbox work?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
We have a toolbox. It has Atto in it.

How do we add things? Is there a size limit?

F'r instance: I have all 80MB of IE6 SP1 + all the add ons, universal installer. It was a monumental PITA to get it. Microsoft REALLY wants you to use their web installer. Might be a cool thing to share, for the times when that installer is needed (sometimes, the repair procedure doesn't work, and when IE is broken, so is Windows).

Will we mirror things that are available elsewhere online? Mozilla or Opera installers? VIA drivers? Detonators?

Inquiring minds want to know.

double bit CRC error

What is this storage?
Since it's a tool box I don't know if we should include things like drivers (detonators, 4-in-1's, etc).

First, these things are usually fairly large. Second, they are updated frequently. And third there are places like driverguide, guru3d, and viahardware that do a much better job of staying current with new driver releases while maintaning links to older versions.

I think we should stick to "tools". The full IE setup is great. I actually bought the NT option pack with SP4(or was it 5?) CD from M/S so I could get the internet explorer 4.x install for winNT 4.0 because it allows you to have the "toolbar" on the taskbar like in win95 and above.

But typically, i'd rather stick to tools like ATTO, HDTach, MBM, DFT, WDLG, etc.

I'm not sure of what the logistics would be for adding new items... perhaps FTP, email, links. Maybe tools could be nominated here and when nominated and aproved the tool could be downloaded and put into a compilation with the rest of the tools on a website hosted by one of the forum members.