Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Go to the Dell Home Peripherals web site:

Seagate 7200RPM 80GB hard drive=$131

Use Stackable Coupon Codes:
- $10 37F6A0853A3
- 10% D34BCAC91D2A
= $108 shipped!

Use the $25 Mail in Rebate http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/Rebates/PDFs/THD-80AAP-APRIL.pdf (it does not specify where you should buy the drive from) and you are down to $83!

I have mine. What a value. ~$1 per Gig!

Clocker

Handruin

Administrator
Hey, not to be a pain, but can you post the link to the drive, that's a good price for 80 GB. I can't find it on Dell's page, they don't list selling seagate??

Did you actually get it for the price you mentioned after the tiger rebate???

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Doug-

I just mailed in the $25 rebate but I got the drive for $108 with the instant coupons and free ship.

It looks like they are not stocking the 80GB model at this time. They must have sold out fast.

THey still have the 60GB but the $25 rebate is only good for the 80GB drive. It looks like you can get out the door with the 60GB drive for $87 including the two coupons above.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...chType=AND&keyword=barracuda&category_id=2999

Good luck and keep watching for the 80Gigger to come back.

BTW: This drive is DAMN quiet. Quieter than I ever expected. I can barely hear it seek unless I put my ear right next to the case. No whine at all either. Nice for a 7200 rpm drive.

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:
Doug-

I just mailed in the $25 rebate but I got the drive for $108 with the instant coupons and free ship.

It looks like they are not stocking the 80GB model at this time. They must have sold out fast.

THey still have the 60GB but the $25 rebate is only good for the 80GB drive. It looks like you can get out the door with the 60GB drive for $87 including the two coupons above.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...chType=AND&keyword=barracuda&category_id=2999

Good luck and keep watching for the 80Gigger to come back.

BTW: This drive is DAMN quiet. Quieter than I ever expected. I can barely hear it seek unless I put my ear right next to the case. No whine at all either. Nice for a 7200 rpm drive.

That's still a decent price for 60 GB, but I like the 80 GB deal better. I'm going to watch them from now on. :) Thanks for sending a heads-up on this. I'm looking for some mass storage to hold all my crap and SCSI is too $$$ for large storage. :)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Tea said:
They sure are. We just bought our first Cuda ATA IVs, 40GB ones, and had some fun listening to them. Or not listening to them, more to the point.

I thought you were diametrically opposed to anything with the name Barracuda ATA on it???

JPS

What is this storage?
That $25.00 coupon at Tiger is valid *ONLY* for drives purchased through Tiger Direct. Don't think this offer will work as expected...