Interesting Issue with "Disk Controllers with 3TB support" Thread

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
This thread in Computers seems to indicate new post-age, for the past 10 hours or so (at least for me).

But the last post is "old" (2nd thumbnail).

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I saw your post not long after it was made. I'm not sure why you saw Merc's post as the latest. Perhaps it is caused by your browser cache.

Newtun

Interestinger (but no biggie). Had the issue on my Ubuntu box in FF; cleared cache, logged out, cleared cache, logged on again. Still have the issue, and, don't see the final Bookmage post in the thread - I have to specifically search for it.

Same general symptoms on my Vista PC in FF, and on my XP box in Chrome. Had to log in to both, and don't go here on them, so I don't think browser cache is the issue.

Cheers!

Handruin

Administrator
That is strange to hear. I went in and the most recent post was from Bookmage. I wonder why it wasn't synchronizing for your browser or session. It may have been a session issue on the server side. Are you still having the same problem now?

Newtun

That is strange to hear. ... Are you still having the same problem now?
Yes, I am. I just tried (twice) on a 4th box, a Vista laptop, in FF, first clearing cache before having to log in. What th? But again, no big deal, just "interesting".

Newtun

So does my recent post appear?
Yes, and now I see Bookmage's post, first on the second page.

And the thread no longer shows as having new posts in the Computers sub-forum, nor does the main page indicate newness in that sub-forum. Back to normal for me (at least on this fabulous forum).

Thanks for everything!

Last edited:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Yes, and now I see Bookmage's post, first on the second page. The thread no longer shows as having new posts in the Computers sub-forum, nor does the main page indicate newness in that sub-forum. Back to normal for me (at least on this fabulous forum).

Thanks.

Maybe you're behind some type of proxy that only updates it's cache every few hours?

Newtun

Maybe you're behind some type of proxy that only updates it's cache every few hours?
Maybe so. But AFAIK I never had this issue before, even when there was a second page with just 1 new post on it. Prolly just a fluke. Or a feature.

Cheers!