It's all Flagreen's fault!

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Speaking of McDonalds and coffee and Senior Citizens, Flagreen reminded me of this one.

Fella walks into McDonalds. He sees an old couple in the line in front of him. They order one Big Mac, one packet of chips, one small Coke. (I can't quite bring myself to say "fries", not even on a site hosted in the USA. Chips are what you get when you slice up potatoes and deep fry them.)

He thinks nothing of it, just gets his own meal. Then he finds himself sitting down mext to them. The old guy cuts the Big Mac in two, starts eating one half, has a chip or two, a sip of Coke. She just sits there, watching and waiting.

The fella feels sorry for them - two poor old citizens who can't even afford a hamburger each. So he asks them if everything is OK.

"Sure", they say, "we share everything."

"Would you like my burger mam? Here, it's still in the wrapper. And here, have my Coke too. I hope you enjoy it."

"Why thank you young man. It's very kind of you, but really, there is no need. We share everything, you see."

He looks across at the one burger between the two of them and feels sad.

"You just sit down and enjoy your meals. I'm sure you both worked hard all your lives. You've earned it", he says, and goes off to order another burger for himself.

When he gets back, they both smile and nod to him. The old guy is eating the chips, but the old lady hasn't moved. Still she sits there, just watching.

"What's the matter with you?" he says to the old man, "won't you let her eat it just because I paid for it?"

"No, honestly, it's all right young man", the lady answers. "We come here every week. We are quite used to it. We share everything."

"So, this week you get a burger each. No need to wait till your husband is finished. You can eat together for a change."

"You are very kind. Thankyou."

Still she doesn't move.

"So, what are you waiting for?"

"The teeth."

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
:lol: I've told my Sons that when I reach that age, to just take me to a park somewhere and leave me on a bench. I think it would be best for all. But I'm not ready just yet. At least I don't think I am. But if I should suddenly disappear one day you'll know what has happened. :)