LG G3

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I got the LG G3 today to replace my Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm pretty impressed. The screen is amazing. The thing bezels make the 5.5" screen seem manageable. It feels much faster than my GS3 as well.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's weird to think of a GS3 as a mid-range phone now, but it is. Phone screens in particular have improved tremendously over the last 18 months.
Why did you pick the G3?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Why did you pick the G3?

It has a large screen, but it's not nearly as large as a Samsung Note. It's screen is excellent. The CPU/RAM is about the best you can get on any current phone right now. To top it off I got it for $100 with a 2 year contract on Verizon.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I've been considering a G3 to replace my own S3 for maybe two months now. The LG Flex also got a look in, although it's really a competitor to the Note phablet.

Based on their recent offerings, LG's next generation after this seems likely to be completely dominant. The technology in the Flex and G3 is just amazing. And just as importantly, their software has gone from bottom to top of the class. Frankly, everything else from competing manufacturers is pretty boring.

On the flip side, I'm pretty sure I don't need insane pixels-per-inch numbers. I've yet to read a review where someone claimed that the extra resolution was clearly visible - not surprising given the well-established limits of human eyesight. And despite my significant respect for the G3 focusing system (claimed to be "laser" but not), a reality check shows that the Samsung S5 is very nearly as fast (although not in poor light, presumably). On top of that, the screen did not fare well on GSM Arena's sunlight test (although it did on another review I read).

But if you want the current pinnacle of smartphone engineering, the G3 is definitely IT.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Duplicate post. I'm absolutely 100% positive I clicked once - this version of the forum software is very poor.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I'm considering the LG G3 myself. Competition is GS5 and M8. M8 camera puts me off. GS5 seems pricey for what it is.
Won't be doing anything till the new iphone is released though. My wife might want to stick with the iphone.
Of all the reasons to get the G3, the screen isn't high on my list actually.
I'd probably prefer a more battery friendly screen like in the GS5.
Having actual OIS and a decent camera are high on the list.
A replaceable battery and micro SD card slot are not bad either.
Honestly I think my next phone will be around longer than two years.
The only reason to get rid of my ltevo is the heat when playing games or using the GPS.
Too hot to put to your ear.
Otherwise it works great.

So I'm highly interested in your appraisal after using it for a couple weeks.