Living in the Mediterrenean! :)

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Although it's exam period, today I decided to go to the beach: clear sunny day, 38ºC, superb Italian chicks ( :wink: ) in bikinis, a football game (with Italy that loses and goes home, ha ha!), a blue sea, and a cool summer breeze...

Swimming & tanning...
can you beat it? 8)

OK, let's hear how was your day today... :right:

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
How selfish of you Prof not to have brought a camera with you so that you could share the "view" with us! :)

Handruin

Administrator
Lets see, got up at 7:30...procrastinated until 8:00, got to work by 9:00. Worked a boring day, and now I'm home reading your post.

Unfulfilling.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Woke up this morning, airborne arrived and I slipped in two 120GB WD AB's. :mrgrn:

Handruin

Administrator
Pradeep said:
Woke up this morning, airborne arrived and I slipped in two 120GB WD AB's. :mrgrn:

Nice! You doing any type of RAID with them?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Handruin said:
Pradeep said:

Nah, I put two x15-36LP 18GB in RAID 0 last week tho :D I'll just use these for DVD backup use.

Handruin

Administrator
Pradeep said:
Handruin said:
Pradeep said:

Nah, I put two x15-36LP 18GB in RAID 0 last week tho :D I'll just use these for DVD backup use.

Got any extra space you want to rent? lol Must be nice to play with 2 x15-36LP's in a raid setup, even if it's only for fun!

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tannin said:
Bastard! There was frost on my car windscreen this morning. I hate you!
Frost? Mwahahahah... I'm walking around the house without a t-shirt cause it's darn hot... :)

Pradeep said:
Nah, I put two x15-36LP 18GB in RAID 0 last week tho I'll just use these for DVD backup use.
This IS an overkill!!! :eek:

Onomatopoeic

Learning Storage Performance
Prof.Wizard said:
Although it's exam period, today I decided to go to the beach: clear sunny day, 38ºC, superb Italian chicks ( :wink: ) in bikinis, a football game (with Italy that loses and goes home, ha ha!), a blue sea, and a cool summer breeze...

Swimming & tanning...
can you beat it? 8)

OK, let's hear how was your day today... :right:

No beach here, but I regularly see scantily clad women in boats in my neighbourhood -- and that's pretty much 3/4 the year. Temp here today was about 31° or 32°C.

ba.jpg

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Prof.Wizard said:
Tannin said:
Bastard! There was frost on my car windscreen this morning. I hate you!
Frost? Mwahahahah... I'm walking around the house without a t-shirt cause it's darn hot... :)

Pradeep said:
Nah, I put two x15-36LP 18GB in RAID 0 last week tho I'll just use these for DVD backup use.
This IS an overkill!!! :eek:

Clarification:
I mean I'll use the 5400rpm 120GB drives for DVD backup.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Actually today I took apart what appears to be an IBM PS/2 8083.

Its a 386 at 33MHz (BTW theres the 80386 CPU and a 80387 chip of some sort next to it - is that a math co pro?), 160Mb SCSI full height drive, 4mb of 80ns ram, and what appears to be a pasword protected OS/2 which I cannot boot too. Oh yeah, 12" BW monitor too with a load of burn in.

Actually I had taken apart this server (damn its heavy) with a friend a couple of years ago and cleaned it. It was sitting in a bank doing God know what till then. Today we went to the basement and took a look at it.

We had recorded a video of it back then which I still have but now I'm on 56k its a hassle to upload but if enough people are interested (unlikely) I'll upload it. Next time I'll just take sonme photos.