Mobile Android Browsers: The good, the bad, and the ugly?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Anyone have reasons for using the different browsers out? Which do you like? What do you like, and what don't you like?

So far, using OperaMini, and Opera, Firefox, and Dolphin, though not much.

Mainly want to be able to save favorites, easily access, and not have to type in huge passwords, etc.

Suggestions?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Check into 1password for the password recall function. On android i'm not sure how it works but if it can use your native browser and input the passwords in that like it does on mac and windows that helps a lot.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I wouldn't store passwords on a mobile device if I could help it, but there are password managers like lastpass that could do the job if you really needed such a thing.

I mainly use the stock Android browser, though I do keep Firefox installed. Every once in a while I find something that's easier to browse with one versus the other.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I used to use Dolphin, but switch to Miren a few months ago. It feels a bit faster on my Evo 4G.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
A lot of my work is pulled off assigning websites, that require logins.

I have to check this often, and, when I do, typing in a big password is not fun.

Also, not really any value to anyone breaking into those sites.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Ironically, I'm having some difficulty rooting one of my Evo 4Gs. I suspect it's because it's never been activated as a phone. Anyway, it did two updates from whatever the hell the original shipping version from HTC was to something that's still Android 2.2, and it refuses to acknowledge that there are any newer updates available. The HTC boot loader unlock doesn't even work on it because it hasn't been updated enough.

I'm also thinking that I could stand to see a phone with an actual 5" screen. Preferably a 5", 1280x800 screen. I really don't think that's unreasonable any more.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
That's actually kind of funny, in a weird way. Boot unlocker won't work on mine since it's been updated too far:steam: