Moderator #3: call for nominations

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Tea said:
Naaa. Just a storm in a teacup. But hey Greg - it's good to see you around. Haven't seen the famous "gs" at the bottom of a post for ages. We've missed you.

Yeah. Since no one else posts in the subject line I've gotten out of practice of looking. Teaching summer school?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Weeeellll, it could stand for Goose Stuffing. Then again GS might be short for Great Sex. Or Gummy Shark. Or that wonderful old symbol of currency stability, the Gold Standard. Or Genuine Savings. Or possibly even Golden Showers. But my personal opinion is that GS stands for Greg Santilli. :)

Now if my theory is right, you'll find the topic of Greg's post up in the subject line. This is a peculiarity of Greg's posting style. He's been posting that way for ages and seems to like it. And indeed, seeing as he is a fully-fledged lawyer these days, it seems to me entirely fitting that the majority of his promouncements here appear in the fine print!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Tea said:
Now if my theory is right, you'll find the topic of Greg's post up in the subject line. This is a peculiarity of Greg's posting style. He's been posting that way for ages and seems to like it. And indeed, seeing as he is a fully-fledged lawyer these days, it seems to me entirely fitting that the majority of his promouncements here appear in the fine print!

LOL. I never noticed! I gues I haven't been really reading his posts in a while. Sorry bout that G-MAN!

C

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
From where ever I have been, I'm back...

And glad to be here.

Some of the more accurate forums I post in have a common message format. A long single line appears, making the message clear, and so you don't have to click and open the post.

That said, I've browsed a bit from work, a local high school, with a diverse population. Intresting experience.

Got on the bad side of a pro-football principal, because I wanted to open the gym at lunch, and after school, for basketball. I became a co-sponser of the Black Student Union, and we did it under that banner, otherwise, I would have had to open the gym to the entire population, not allowing myself to enjoy the fruits of playing the sport myself. In otherwords, I would have to function as a supervisor for the entire area, not playing, with the doors open, or limit the number of people by requiring a sign up, avaliable only once a week. This worked, since the serious players went through the process, and the ones that didn't care enough to go through the sign up, were not admitted.

The principal fought me every step of the way. Nice guy.
Glad he's retiring.

Do I want to continue teaching handicapped kids? Probably not. I found many used their "learning disabilities" as an excuse for rude, and outrageous behavior. As soon as I laid down the law, with only two exceptions, their behavior changed asap. And, to give myself a bit of credit, the two where not total failures, either. They tried, just not enough, and not often enough.

Problem is, I just don't see enough money in it to make it worthwhile. Also, at the end of the year, I had two kids that took all my time, thanks to discipline problems, and that resulted in neglecting the rest of the students. Not a situation I like.

By the way, I have not passed the bar, so I remain a Juris Doctor, without a state to practice in.

I've just been doing lots of stuff. 5 days a week, working at the school, lunch with the basketball team, and BSU, after school, when I can, working with the Bball team.
Working Thursday thru Sunday at a nice restaurant, and, picking up basketball referee jobs. Worked a camp at Saint Mary's for Varsity, and some JV boys. Excellent players, and fun.

End result is not much time for this sort of stuff, other then lurking, and, I haven't had much to say about computers, other then a few problems with a Dell Perc 2 card.

School was out the 14th, and since, I've been trying to catch up on cleaning, and normal stuff, ever since. Have to go finish cleaning the bathroom...

gs

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Cliptin has been officially elected by the administrators as SF's newest moderator. It was a squeeker of an election.

Congrats are in order