No auto-login for IE6?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
For some reason the forums will no longer auto-login. Yes, i did the normal stuff like clearing the cookies and cache in IE6.

Handruin

Administrator
P5-133XL said:
For some reason the forums will no longer auto-login. Yes, i did the normal stuff like clearing the cookies and cache in IE6.

I did some tests to try and recreate the problem but was unsuccessful. I noticed you are using the theme fiplain, so I changed my profile to do the same.

These are the steps I ran to verify the auto-login.

1.) Opened IE 6 to the home page.
2.) Clicked the forum link
3.) Entered my login information at the bottom of the page and selected the button to remember my login.
4.) After I logged in, I closed my browser (no other applications open).
5.) I reopened IE 6 and opened the main page. I could tell immediatly I was logged in because my name displayed on the front page.
6.) I proceeded to the forums via the link on the main page. My account was logged in.

So my questions to you are:

When you login and select the auto-login checkbox, can you find a cookie labled:
Cookie:yourname@www.storageforum.net/

Is your browser accepting cookies from SF? The value inside the cookie is "phpbb2mysqlsf2_data".

Is your browser clearing all cookies when you close IE? if so, there's your answer.

I verified if I delete that cookie manually, and reopen IE 6 to storageforum, I'm no longer logged in. This verifies that the single cookie is tracking your session.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Yes, there is a cookie with the proper name.
Yes, the contents contain phpbb2mysqlsf2_data and a bunch of what appears to be binary data.
No, the browser does not delete data upon exit.

I will manually delete the cookie and see if that fixes it.