Samsung overtakes Apple

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
It hurts to see those Nokia and numbers. They don't even bother breaking out BlackBerry anymore.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
I actually wonder if Samsung is only getting those numbers due to them flooding the market with heaps of different models at low price points (when bundled with a plan)? Looking at local providers, most only offer 1-2 Nokia models, 1-2 Sony, 3-4 HTC, 1-2 Apple, but up to 5-6 Samsung different models of handsets.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I know why you're suggesting that, but it's purely anecdotal.

For instance, Arstel offers 4 under their own brand (probably rebadged Alcatel), 2 each for Motorola and Sony Ericsson, 3 each for Blackberry and Nokia, 6 each for HTC and Samsung (2 of which are Galaxy S II variants), and 7 Apple (6 of which are 4S variants). Of their prepaid phones, there are 5 branded Telstra and one each of HTC, Motorola, Samsung and Apple (3GS).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
When I was looking at Verizon's phone offerings a couple weeks ago, I was actually surprised by how few Samsung options were available compared to some other handset manufacturers. Verizon is all about the Motorola product, basically.